This event is a two-part course in paranormal investigating. Join acclaimed paranormal investigator, Sherri Brake in the light of the day for a two-hour seminar on the basics of ghost hunting. You will receive hands-on experience with professional-grade ghost hunting equipment.
Seminar times are 1 pm and 4 pm.
The Ghost Hunt for both seminar groups will begin at 8 pm.
In the evening, Sherri will host a private ghost hunt for all class participants. Put what you've learned to the test, and explore the building as a paranormal investigator.
During this event, Sherri will help with the following:
- Help to understand the paranormal field and its vocabulary
- Learn a basic history of OSR from the Civil War era thru the present
- Develop and sharpen your investigating and documentation skills
- Learn types and levels of paranormal activity including those at OSR
- Communication with the entities, learn Electronic Voice Phenomena and how to capture it best
- How to capture physical evidence through photos & videos of activity
- Learn to take the best paranormal photograph photos
- Learn to investigate using paranormal protocol
- Hands on use of investigating equipment
Sherri Brake is a researcher and investigator of the paranormal garnering over 25 years of documented experience. She is the owner/operator of Haunted Heartland Tours and has led thousands of souls on overnight excursions in prisons, asylums, and haunted locations for the last 15 years. Her classes on Ghost Hunting blend science with history and the paranormal and are very popular. When not leading haunted history tours in seven states, she travels with her special event tours to Ireland & Scotland. She has authored seven books including The Haunted History of the Ohio State Reformatory and composes monthly columns on haunted history which are featured in various magazines. Along with writing about the paranormal, Sherri is also a public speaker and has appeared in newspaper, television and on hundreds of radios shows on the subject. Her unique events have given her the USA Today ranking of #5 Best Ghost Tour in America.